Our practice in the field of commercial law includes the provision of legal services across the entire spectrum of international trade and the resolution of trade disputes within the framework of the WTO and the EAEU and in the context of international and foreign sanctions.
The Firm supports and regularly sponsors the WTO Model International Competition under the auspices of the Russian Academy for Foreign Trade of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, which took place in 2018, 2016, 2014 and 2012. Alexander Nadmitov acts as a member of the jury of the WTO Model.
The Firm’s practice in the field of WTO and EAEU law includes the provision of legal services across the entire spectrum of international trade and the resolution of trade disputes, including:
- representation of interests of Russian clients in the framework of investigations related to the introduction of anti-dumping, countervailing and protective measures carried out by national authorities of the USA, EU and other countries;
- advising foreign importing companies on customs law issues: Russian customs classification, rules for assessing the origin of goods, preferential trade regimes and free trade areas, such as the customs union within the EAEU;
- advising foreign importing companies on Russian legislation in the field of technical regulation, sanitary welfare of the population, food security;
- advising foreign importing companies on Russian legislation in the field of intellectual property protection;
- advising Russian clients on the export of goods, services, and intellectual property to countries falling under export control, embargoes, and economic sanctions;
- representation of Russian and foreign clients in disputes arising from the violation of WTO, EAEU and other trade agreements by states, both in the WTO and EAEU dispute resolution bodies, and as concerns the relevant regional and national bodies;
- structuring transactions using the advantages provided by international trade rules, including WTO and EAEU rules, as well as the implementation (preparation) of regional and bilateral trade agreements;
- advising clients on the conclusion of export-import transactions.