From 1 December 2023, registration on Russian websites using foreign e-mail will be prohibited. Only authorization using the following methods is allowed:
- Phone number of the Russian operator;
- Public services;
- Unified biometric system;
- Russian information system.
Hosting providers are responsible to:
- notify Roskomnadzor about the start of work;
- comply with the requirements for information security and interaction with authorized bodies;
- to ensure stable, safe and integral functioning of the Internet network on the territory of Russia;
- provide hosting services only after users have passed identification and (or) authentication in the manner prescribed by the Government.
From 1 February 2024, the activities of hosting providers not included in the Roskomnadzor register will be prohibited.
Operators of state and municipal information systems will have to use the computing power of hosting providers included in the government list.
They are prohibited from using information systems and computer programs belonging to foreign persons, except for the cases established by the Government.
In addition, information about ways to bypass blocking is prohibited.
See Federal Law No. 406-FZ of 31 July 2023 “On Amendments to the Federal Law “On Information, Information Technologies and Information Protection” and the Federal Law “On Communications”
Nadmitov, Ivanov & Partners Law Firm advises clients on the legal regulation of the Internet and information.
Tel.: +7 (495) 649-87-12