From October 1, 2021, the Law No. 149-FZ “On Information, Information Technologies and Information Protection” has Article 12.2 “Studying the volume of the audience of information resources on the Internet”. According to this article, the site owner is obliged to provide information about his visitors and content to the authorized organization. Not everyone should provide information, but only information resources, the volume of the audience of which is subject to research, included in a special register of information resources.
The complete list of data to be submitted is determined by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 12, 2021 No. 1929.
1. Information about users
2. Content Information
Information is provided electronically. There are two options.
- Attendance counter. You need to install it on your resource and provide direct access to an authorized organization.
- Uploading a data set. You can collect information in files and send it to an authorized organization.
Responsibility for failure to provide such information is now provided for by the Federal Law of February 17, 2023 No. 32-FZ “On Amendments to the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Russian Federation”.
Penalties are provided for non-fulfillment by the owner of the information resource of the obligation to:
- installation of a computer program for research purposes
- providing the authorized organization with the data necessary and sufficient for conducting research
- non-observance by the owner of the procedure for providing this information
For individuals, the fine will be from 10 thousand to 30 thousand rubles, for officials - from 30 thousand to 100 thousand rubles, for organizations - from 100 thousand to 500 thousand rubles.
Repeated commission of this offense will be punished by higher fines.
It also introduces liability for failure to fulfill obligations related to the distribution of social advertising.
Nadmitov, Ivanov & Partners Law Firm advises on the legal regulation of online advertising, media, the Internet and information law, and also represents clients in cases of administrative offenses.
Tel: +7 (495) 649-87-12